Patch 6.1 is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms (PTR)! Participating on the Public Test Realms lets you test patches before it has been released on live realms. If you’d like to help test and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character and downloading the PTR client. Once you’ve had a chance to try things out, visit our PTR Discussion forum to discuss the patch. To report any issues or errors, use the in-game Submit Bug feature (found under Game Menu -> Help -> Submit a Bug) or by visiting the PTR Bug Report forum.
- Please keep in mind that the notes below are not final, and details may be subject to change before the release of Patch 6.1.
- New information for features that are still in-development will be added as it becomes available.
- Content listed in the PTR Patch Notes may not be available for testing or have a limited test window.
World of Warcraft Patch 6.1 PTR
Last updated: 23-01-2015
New Character Models: Blood Elf
- Character models for Blood Elves have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals.
- Some character models received additional tweaks and adjustments.
- Characters can now send Tweets for items, achievements, and screenshots from within the game client using the /share command.
- This feature can be enabled by accessing a new social settings pane to add or remove a Twitter account.
New Heirloom Collections Tab
- The Collections system now supports Heirloom items.
- Heirlooms have a tier system to denote the maximum level that the item scales up to.
- New neck slot Heirlooms are now available and allows the character to cast a heal once a minute. This heal shares a cooldown with potions and Healthstones.
- Vendors in Stormwind (Alliance) and Undercity (Horde) now sells Heirlooms for gold.
- Alternate methods for obtaining Heirlooms are also available.
- Darkmoon Faire sells Heirlooms for Darkmoon Prize Tickets.
- Argent Tournament sells tier-1 and tier-2 Heirlooms for Champion’s Seals.
- Some world events now sell either tier-2 and tier-3 Heirlooms for currency obtained through the event.
- Collecting all heirloom items awards a special mount usable by level 1 characters.
Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts
- New Garrison Visitors